In River Oaks, you will find stately mansions, breathtaking esplanades and exquisite landscaping. Located in Houston's geographic center, River Oaks exudes an old world charm that immediately captivates anyone who drives through its tree-lined streets. Many of these homes back to the exclusive River Oaks Golf Course or Buffalo Bayou.
River Oaks is one of Houston's wealthiest and most expensive neighborhoods, with prestigious schools, superb services and luxury real estate options to match.
The community lies north of Upper Kirby, west of Neartown and Montrose, east of the Galleria and Uptown and south of Memorial Park. It is accessible through main roads like Kirby Drive, San Felipe Street and Westheimer Road. Downtown Houston and the Medical Center are just minutes away, as are key commercial areas.
River Oaks is part of the Houston Independent School District and is home to some of the best schools in the metropolis.
- River Oaks Elementary School
- Wharton Dual Language Academy
- Anne Catholic School
- Lanier Middle School
- Gregory-Lincoln Education Center
- Lamar High School
At around 1,100 acres, River Oaks is filled with expansive lots, grand mansions and ranch-style homes from the 1920s and 1930s. Many of these older homes have either been maintained or replaced with two-story new construction homes.
At a glance
Lush parks and green spaces give residents venues for outdoor recreation, while upscale amenities help them relax and socialize with other property owners.
- River Oaks is home to the prestigious and exclusive River Oaks Country Club and Golf Course, a distinguished venue for many Houston social events.
- Kids will love the Cinderella-inspired pumpkin carriage sculpture at River Oaks Park. The park also features a lighted sports field, tennis courts, playground and off-road trail.
- Other green spaces in the neighborhood include Sleepy Hollow Park, Olympia Park, Elliott Park, Meyer Park and Homewood Park.
- The River Oaks Shopping Center features over 75 retailers and restaurants, including Ann Taylor, Steven Cash Diamonds and La Griglia Restaurant.
- Designers, decorators, architects and artists are known to frequent the Antique Pavilion for one-of-a-kind finds and creative inspiration.
- Come to the River Oaks Bookstore for author appearances and book signings. The family-owned and operated business has a collection of over 7,500 titles.
- Backstreet Cafe offers a cozy ambience with a beautiful outdoor patio.
- Mockingbird Bistro serves French cuisine with a Texan twist. Colorado rack of lamb and creamy goat cheese polenta are some of the dishes on offer.
River Oaks in Houston Texas
River Oaks is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places in Houston Texas to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in River Oaks
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, River Oaks in Houston Texas stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, [Your Name Here] can help! [Your Name Here] are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize in Houston Texas and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in River Oaks. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
[Your Name Here] is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned [Your Name Here] has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in River Oaks is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact [Your Name Here] at 555.555.5555 today for a tour of the area.