Rice Military is one of Houston's fastest growing locations.
Rice Military is bordered by Washington Avenue to the north, Shepherd Drive to the east, Buffalo Bayou to the south and Westcott Street to the west. Its location gives residents easy access to downtown, Midtown and the Museum District.
A community primed for growth, Rice Military's home values have continued to appreciate over the past 10 years. Its location in Houston's inner loop and its proximity to some of the city's top districts and roadways are key contributors to the desirability of the neighborhood. Rice Military also has fantastic new housing developments and great local amenities for residents to enjoy.
It's definitely an exciting place to live in the inner loop.
- Memorial Elementary School
- Hogg Middle School
- Lanier Middle School
- Lamar High School
The main appeal of this neighborhood is its convenient location. Following its rejuvenation in the 1990s, it transformed into a true urban center with an array of beautiful homes and wonderful amenities.
Here you'll find:
- The most affordable real estate properties inside Houston's inner loop.
- A wide variety of homes for sale and for rent that include:
- Single family homes
- Patio homes
- New construction
- Condos in midrise residential buildings
- The benefits of an urban setting from the excellent location, fantastic amenities and proximity to downtown.
At a glance
Rice Military's quirky name originated from two sources.
'Rice' comes from the prominent Rice family that once owned the surrounding land. The notable member was William Marsh Rice, the founder of Rice University. 'Military' was taken from the nearby World War I-era US Army training camp known as Camp Logan.
Today, the sleepy rural community of 5-10 years ago is no more. Instead Rice Military is a vibrant example of urban convenience.
Living here has many advantages:
- The Rice Military Civic Club, a volunteer organization, provides activities and resources for residents.
- The Texas Medical Center, the world's largest medical complex, is less than 20 minutes away directly south of Montrose via Main St. and Montrose Blvd.
- The Houston Energy Corridor is about 30 minutes away via Interstate 10.
- Rice Stadium at Rice University is a 15-minute drive, if you would like to watch a college football game.
- Washington Avenue, the thoroughfare that marks the northernmost boundary of Rice Military, boasts a vast array of trendy restaurants, bars and clubs, and has earned its reputation as a party strip for nighttime fun. There is additional nightlife action in nearby Midtown and
- A visit to the newly renovated Galleria shopping mall and its more than 400 high-end shops and fine dining restaurants takes less than 20 minutes via Highway 59/Interstate 69 or I-610.
- Nearby parks include Memorial Park (one of the largest urban parks in the US), Buffalo Bayou, Nellie Keyes Park, Spotts Park, Cleveland Park and Sandy Reed Memorial Trail.
Rice Military in Houston Texas
Rice Military is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places in Houston Texas to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in Rice Military
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, Rice Military in Houston Texas stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, [Your Name Here] can help! [Your Name Here] are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize in Houston Texas and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in Rice Military. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
[Your Name Here] is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned [Your Name Here] has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in Rice Military is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact [Your Name Here] at 555.555.5555 today for a tour of the area.