This peaceful enclave is part of the greater Braeswood Place neighborhood. Mature oak trees and vintage ranch-style homes line the streets, giving this neighborhood an arresting charm.
Accessibility, excellent schools, a broad range of single-family homes and a strong sense of community make Braes Heights a wonderful place to live.
It is bordered by Bellaire to the west, West University and Southside Place to the north, Meyerland to the southwest, the Museum District to the northwest and the Medical Center and Old Braeswood to the east.
The community is just minutes away from commercial hubs like Med Center and downtown, giving residents easy access to retail and entertainment options.
With a land area of about nine square miles and a population of barely 3,000 permanent residents, Braes Heights is made up of 13 sections. It is adjacent to Loop 610 and is accessible via Buffalo Speedway.
Braes Heights residents are served by some of the best schools in the district.
- Mark Twain Elementary School
- Vincent De Paul Catholic School
- Pershing Middle School
- Pin Oak Middle School
- Vincent De Paul Catholic School
- Lamar High School in Upper Kirby district
- Bellaire High School in Bellaire
- Episcopal High School in Bellaire
Development began in the late 1940s and continued until 1952. Many of the ranch-style homes from that era still stand today, preserved through deed restrictions and the efforts of the Braeswood Place Homeowners Association.
New construction homes emerged in the 1990s, many of which featured two-story floor plans.
The housing stock consists primarily of single family homes that come in a wide variety of architectural styles. These include Mediterranean, traditional, French and Georgian, to name a few.
At a glance
Braes Heights is filled with green spaces and activity centers for residents of all ages. It is also close to retail areas like the Galleria and Rice Village.
- At five acres, Karl Young Park has a tennis court, a baseball field, trail system and several basketball courts.
- Senior services facility Sheltering Arms and the McGovern-Stella Link Library can be found at the 20-acre McGovern Park.
- Residents are free to use the gym, indoor field and outdoor pool at the Weekley Family YMCA.
- Braes Heights Shopping Center features a number of shops and iconic local eateries like Fuzzy's Pizza and Molina's Cantina.
- The Galleria is home to 400 shops and restaurants, as well as a full-size ice-skating rink. Valet parking is available.
- Rice Village spans 16 blocks and offers a wide selection of boutiques, pubs and restaurants.
- Come to Two Guys Pizzeria for hand-tossed pizza. The restaurant also serves wings, calzones and salads.
Braes Heights in Houston Texas
Braes Heights is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places in Houston Texas to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in Braes Heights
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, Braes Heights in Houston Texas stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, [Your Name Here] can help! [Your Name Here] are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize in Houston Texas and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in Braes Heights. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
[Your Name Here] is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned [Your Name Here] has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in Braes Heights is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact [Your Name Here] at 555.555.5555 today for a tour of the area.